In April 2013 the Government announced new funding to all state maintained schools to assist with the delivery, opportunity and availability of sport and PE. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At Cunningham Hill Infants School we have been investing our funding into:
- Upskilling teachers through coaching from a specialist PE teacher from the local secondary school
- Playground equipment for use with all the children
- Supporting lunchtime supervisors and Year 6 pupils to lead games in the playgrounds
- Hiring specialist coaches to support teachers in delivering effective PE lessons
- Purchasing additional bikes and scooters for use with all children
Click on the links below for more detailed information.
Primary School’s Sport Funding
Schools must use Sports Premium funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
It should be used to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Our school Sports Premium for 2022-23 will be £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.